Dear Friends of Candlelight,
After 25 years of attending Candlelight concerts, I am still awed by the fact that I can hear some of the world’s best soloists and chamber ensembles on a stage a mere ten minutes from my home in Columbia, Maryland. Our current season is proving second to none. Waiting in the wings for its holiday season performance is REBEL, a local favorite noted for high-energy renditions of baroque repertoire, to be followed, early in 2019, by Nikolai Lugansky, one of the preeminent pianists of our time, and the Doric String Quartet, considered the leading British quartet of its generation. And that only takes us through February!
As a patron of Candlelight, we know that you share our passion for staging and sharing the magic of great music here in the heart of Howard County. We hope that you will consider reinforcing these shared values with a gift in the spirit of “Giving Tuesday” or a year-end donation that helps us meet our $10,000 goal. Through your generosity, you can:
- Support a performance and derive the satisfaction of knowing that you treated an auditorium full of fellow fans to a night of glorious music;
- Reach our youth through our CandleKids programs, which provide young audiences with a stimulating introduction to the performing arts;
- Fund outreach programs by means of which we deliver great music to those who can’t come to it or have yet to experience it;
- Sponsor learning events that provide music students at Howard County public schools and elsewhere an opportunity to interact with and learn from professional musicians; or
- Fund the lectures on music and art that we co-sponsor with the Howard County libraries and other partners in cultural outreach.
The Expressionist painter, Vasilij Kandinsky, asserted that great art is not just an enriching experience, but that it also addresses an “inner need”, particularly in troubled times, such as those he experienced during the first two decades of the 20thcentury. We’re committed to meeting that “inner need” by delivering great music to your doorstep as well as to those who might not otherwise have an opportunity to experience its magic. We invite you to join us in doing so.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and with great gratitude for your past support,
Tom Hudson, PresidentCandlelight Concert Society
PLEASE DONATE NOW
Candlelight Concert Society is a US 501(c)(3) nonprofit.